Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Router 4 Router Review And Cool Setup
Currently, the world famous Internet is an integral part of the life of any representative of humanity. Technology continues to improve at an unbelievable speed. The Chinese company Xiaomi has released a new dual-band Mi Wi-Fi Router 4, which came into our sight today.
Table of Contents
We offer a review of the router in video format:
The Wi-Fi router Xiaomi Mi Router 4 has the following characteristics:
Consider the router from Xiaomi in more detail. Already many have liked this device for functionality, accessibility, design and budget (it costs about 2500 rubles). After the release of this model, Xiaomi also released the home Router 4Q and Router 4C, which are less efficient, but even more budget options.
First, consider the external changes to the device. The presented model has a truly advanced design. The edges of the case are made more rounded, which, in general, creates a feeling of completeness of the model. The color white – white, remains unchanged for all routers of this company. Dimensions allow you to place it on various shelves, tables. A big plus is its compactness.
The disadvantages include the lack of the possibility of wall mounting the device. Small changes also affected the LED. Its brightness has become much less. Light blue-turquoise hue in working condition is now directed downward, at an angle. An orange glow indicates a download, red indicates an error.
At the back there are 2LAN ports and 1 WAN port (gigabit). But this model does not have a USB connector.
4 antennas are responsible for the frequency: 2 of them are designed to operate in the 2.4 GHz band, and 2 others – 5 GHz. All antennas are non-removable and omnidirectional.
The MiNet button has become a major innovation in Xiaomi WiFi Router 4. It allows all Xiaomi devices to connect without using a password. MiNet is also installed in models 4Q and 4C.
On the back of the router, under the sticker, there is a hidden screw. What will we see inside? Xiaomi uses black textolite. The role of radiators is performed by metal screens. They cover the processor and RAM. When heat is removed, the role is given to the metal plate, to which the board is connected on the reverse side. On the board we see an inscription from the manufacturer: “Are you OK. " – "Are you okay. ".
A short review and setup of Mi 4 in the following video:
One of the main advantages of the device is the ease of connection. For this purpose, a special MiRouter application was created, available for Android and iOS. This application allows you to control all settings with your smartphone with maximum speed.
Let’s consider step by step all the actions:
- connect the cable from the provider to the WAN connector;
- we supply power to the router (plug it into a power outlet);
- turn on Wi-Fi on the smartphone;
- launch the installed MiRouter application;
- we start a Mi account or enter the existing one;
- Next, select "Set a new router" on the screen;
- select "Set up";
- select "As a new router";
- select "Primari Base Station" (choice of operating mode).
After completing these steps, Xiaomi Router 4 will check your Internet connection. Then, an intermediate page may open, where you will need to enter some data that must be provided by the Internet service provider.
Next, you need to set the names for the networks and the password to connect to them. And in the end, it remains to click the "Finish" button. The router will restart and the smartphone will connect to the network.
After the basic settings, you can proceed to the detailed settings: either through the application or via the browser, enter 192.168.31.1 into the address bar and press Enter.
Consider the settings of Xiaomi Mi WiFi Router 4. Open the application and immediately get into the control panel. On the main page, general information about the connection opens: displaying the speed and devices on the network. The lower sections are Storage, Store, Plug-Ins. Of particular interest to us is precisely the last section – Plug-Ins.
We go into it and see a number of sections:
- Check Speed is the first feature to check the speed of the Internet. The check gives the values of download speed, upload and response time, after which a deep check is available. She is the Deep Speed Test, which tests the speed between the phone and the router, already inside the network.
- Wi Fi Optimizator. Determines the quality of the signal. Upon completion of the verification, the application will offer to optimize components that do not correspond to the proper quality level. To start, you need to click Start and wait for the end.
- Firewall – the section that is responsible for protecting the local network. Consists of several sections: