Where Is Bluetooth On A Windows 7 Computer And How To Turn It On
Bluetooth is a built-in adapter on a laptop, tablet, mobile, or other device that supports the wireless data specification. Using the technology provided by the module, it is possible to organize wireless communication between a pair of devices.
The adapter is currently available on all modern devices. In order to check its availability on a laptop or PC, you need to go to the "Device Manager" and find the inscription "Bluetooth".
The difference between this technology and Wi-Fi:
- work in a different frequency range;
- small scope for connecting devices;
- Does not require hardware and LAN settings
- faster exchange of information between devices.
Table of Contents
How to enable Bluetooth on a Windows 7 laptop?
We also offer to see instructions in video format:
A number of activities will be required:
- Check the physical health of the hardware.
- Perform driver installation.
- Install special utilities.
- Turn on bluetooth.
Equipment Health Check
To use the module, the laptop must be physically healthy. Therefore, you should initially check it for damage. Repair if necessary.
In the absence or problems with the drivers, launching the module will be unrealistic. You can install micro-programs:
- taking them from the CD supplied with the operating system;
- Download from the official site.
To install the driver, you will need to go through all the steps of the installation wizard.
How to check if Bluetooth drivers are installed on your laptop with Win7:
- Press combination: WinR.
- In the line specify: mmc devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- We look through and check the name of the installed drivers in the sections “Bluetooth Radio Modules” and “Network Adapters”.
Installation of special utilities
For easier and quicker work with the module, you may need special utilities. For example, Wireless Console. If necessary, download the utility and install on a working laptop.
Turning on bluetooth
How to connect Bluetooth and bring it into working condition? Key ways are given below.
Through device manager
How to enable Bluetooth on a Windows 7 computer, using only task manager? In order to do this, you must do the following:
- Press the WinR key combination.
- In the executive line, write: mmc devmgmt.msc and press the Enter key.
- In the "Bluetooth Radio Modules" section, select the necessary one and right-click on it.
- Select a launch option.
After that, the radio module will be active. To disable it, you need to perform a similar sequence of actions, but instead of the start option, select "Disable".
Through the "Start"
You will need to do the following:
- Click on "Start".
- Enter “Bluetooth” in the search bar.
- Click on the found icon.
After that, the module will go into working mode.
Through the system tray
Where is the Bluetooth module icon in Windows 7 located? In the system tray, which is located in the lower right part of the screen.
To start the module in this way, you must:
- Go to the system tray and find the corresponding icon.
- Click on it with the right mouse button.
- Select the “On” option.
Disabling the adapter is performed in the same way, but instead of the activation option, “Off” is selected.
Through a special utility
To enable the module with utilities, you need to run the program and in the notification panel select the necessary operation to start or turn off the module.
Via command line
How to run Bluetooth on Windows 7 via the command line? In order for this method to be available, you will need to download a special utility – DevCon, and record the Bluetooth identifier (you can see it in the “Device Manager” in the “Details” tab).
Next, do the following:
- Press WinR combination.
- Enter in the line "cmd".
- At the command prompt, enter: devcon enable <bluetooth id>.
After that, the utility will start and the module will be activated.
Button on laptop
How to enable the adapter on a PC with Windows 7 using a hot button? To start Bluetooth in this way, you need to click on a special key on the laptop (most often it is numbered as F2, F12) with the Fn button pressed.
Key Bluetooth settings on Windows 7 are set when adding devices. What do we have to do:
- Find the Bluetooth icon in the system tray.
- Click on it with the right mouse button.
- Click on the item “Open parameters”.
- Select the checkbox next to the item “Allow devices …”.
- Click on the “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
- Click on the tray icon again.
- Click on the item to add a new device.
- In the list of devices for connection that opens, select the desired one.
- Click on “Next”.
- If necessary, enter a code to synchronize devices.
Bluetooth does not work
Why doesn’t Bluetooth work? The following video describes the causes and solutions to the problem:
Key issues that can cause problems in the job:
- The function is off. In this case, turn it on. Ways of inclusion are given above.
- Adapter drivers are outdated. You need to look at the name of the driver and download the latest version from the official website of the manufacturer. Unpack it and install using the installation wizard.
- The adapter itself has become faulty. This issue is a technical issue and requires an adapter replacement. If you do not understand the issue, it is recommended to use the services of a specialist.
- The adapter is missing. What to do in this case is described below.
What if the adapter is missing?
If there is no Bluetooth adapter, then you need to purchase it. To do this, select the type of module (external or internal). Depending on the type, you can perform the installation yourself (if an external type is selected) or entrust it to a specialist (internal type) in order to avoid incorrect actions.
In principle, that on Windows 7, that on other OSes, you should not have problems with the inclusion of Bluetooth. There is nothing complicated, the main thing is to find the adapter and activate it, and everything else will be prompted by the system.
If you still have questions, or you don’t know how to enable Bluetooth, for example, on Windows 10, be sure to write! Always happy to help our readers!