How To Upgrade Ios To 8th Version On Iphone 4
Apple regularly pleases its users with the release of new firmware versions, so every owner of an “apple” smartphone thinks whether it is worth updating the software on his smartphone. In this publication, we will talk about how to upgrade iOS to the 8th version on the 4th iPhone, and is it worth it.
IOS update options
When the company introduced its new iOS 8 to its users, it immediately became clear that Iphone 4 would not be able to function normally with this version of the firmware. The fact is that this operating system is designed for mobile devices with a 2-core processor, while the 4th iPhone is equipped with only one. However, you can still install the new iOS 8 system on the iPhone 4. There are two upgrade options for this:
- Using iTunes through a computer
- through the network.
Next, we will consider each option in detail.
It should be noted that after the update, only the user is fully responsible for the operation of his gadget.
Using iTunes through a computer
So, how to update iPhone 4 using a computer?
First you need to download the update using the special iTunes application (if there is a lot of free space) or from the official website of the manufacturer. Before connecting the device, make sure that you are using the latest version of iTunes, then click on “Help” in the menu bar and turn on “Update”. After this, do the following:
- Connect the smartphone to the computer using USB, wait for iTunes to start, or start it manually.
- To the left of the iTunesStore button, click on the device button.
- Select the Refresh item without holding down the Shift or Option key. If the update is available, then it is automatically downloaded and installed on the smartphone.
- Then a pop-up window will pop up, in which all the necessary information about the update will be indicated. After that, click "Download and Update." In the event that a notification appears in the window that the latest version is being used, then you need to download the firmware using the download link.
When downloading firmware using Safari, you must disable automatic unpacking. You can also use Firefox or Chrome for this.
Updating via Wi-Fi
In fact, updating the software on a smartphone using Wi-Fi is an easier way than the previous one, but there is no full guarantee that the update will be successful. First of all, it is worth noting that even at a high connection speed it is quite difficult to download a firmware file weighing 1 GB. In addition, do not forget about the device’s battery – the minimum charge for downloading a file should be at least half. If after the download the update process starts and the device sits down and shuts down, then you will have to connect the device to the computer and continue the process in Aityuns.
If you plan to use this option, then you must do the following:
- Check your wireless connection and browser access.
- Turn on “Settings”, go to the “Basic” section, select “Software Update” and click on “Download and Install”. The download process starts automatically and the process of updating the software in the background. You can’t start a process on a smartphone without jailbreak
- After downloading the file, click the "Install" button and accept the corresponding agreement for users.
After the update process is completed, you need to make some adjustments and return all the saved content from the created backup of Aiklaud or Aityuns.
Now you know how to update iOS on your gadget. The update is quite simple, but can drag on for an hour or more. If you have difficulties or you cannot solve any issue, then you can always contact the support service on the official website of the manufacturer.