How To – Rollback – To An Earlier Version Of Ios
Hello everyone, dear users of iOS devices – iPad and iPhone. In today’s article, I will tell you how you can return the previous, old version of iOS. Why might this be needed? For example, you upgraded to a new version of the operating system, you do not like it and you want to return the previous version of iOS. You cannot do this (return) using standard methods, here you will have to carry out some manipulations.
The process of "rollback" to the old version of the iOS operating system is as follows:
- Selecting and downloading from the Internet the version of the iOS operating system you need.
- Connecting the gadget (iPad or iPhone) to the computer, launching iTunes.
- Adding the downloaded version of iOS to iTunes, then automatic rollback of the system.
But, before you start restoring the old version of iOS, I want to clarify a few points:
- Before work, be sure to make a backup copy of your iOS device, this will allow you not to lose data if the rollback fails.
- You cannot install too old versions of iOS, for example, iOS 6 and below, on your iPhone or iPad. Apple simply stopped signing (activating) these versions. Perhaps at the time you read this article, Apple stopped signing iOS. Before rollback, please take this into account.
- The rollback process is painless for your iPhone or iPad, even if you cannot roll back successfully, you can always restore your iPhone or iPad. But in any case, you act at your own peril and risk.
So, let’s start the process of replacing your iOS operating system with an earlier version..
First of all, before you return the earlier version, you need to download the version of the operating system that you want to install on your iPhone or iPad. I must say that you can download iOS for free. So, go to the boot process:
- Follow the link – http://www.getios.com/.
- In the “YOUR DEVICE” field, you need to select the type of your mobile device. For example: iPhone or iPad.
- Next, in the “MODEL” field, you need to select the model of your device. For example: iPhone 4s or iPad 2 Wi-Fi.
- Next, in the "iOS VERSION" field, you need to select the version of iOS that you want to install on your iOS gadget.
- To complete the whole operation you need to click the “Download” button, after which the process of loading the operating system will begin.
So, after the file with the system is downloaded to your device, proceed to the next step.
Go to the fun part – to replace iOS with an earlier version. In order to return iOS, follow these steps:
- Connect your gadget to a personal computer on which the latest version of iTunes is installed (if there is no program, then you need to install it. You can download it from the link – http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/).
- Launch iTunes.
- In the side menu (if you can’t see the CTRLS key combination), select your device.
- In the field that opens, in the "Overview" tab, find the "Update" button.
- Hold down the Shift key (if you have Windows) or Alt (if you have a Mac) and click on the “Update” button. A window will open in which you need to select a previously downloaded file with the operating system.
- After all the above steps, the rollback of the iOS version will begin. This usually does not take much time.
That’s all for today, I hope this little note helped you, you were able to return the version of iOS that you need.
I would be grateful if you leave a comment. To do this, you can use the comment form from the social network Vkontakte. Attention: in order to be able to leave comments you must be logged in to Vkontakte.