How To Remove Ios Update Downloaded (Downloadable) On Iphone Or Ipad, Freeing Up Space
One of the benefits of iOS is the constant release of updates that apply to most devices. The gadget itself checks for a new version of the firmware and then downloads it “over the air”. This allows the device to update without the hassle of connecting to a computer, working with iTunes.
But only sometimes this process does not start on time. Unfortunately, Apple did not provide a cancel button to download the firmware. This problem has a solution.
Most often, the Internet is advised to simply turn off the Internet, thus interrupting the downloading of updates. Just reconnecting to the network will resume the process. A reliable solution is to remove the update altogether.
If for any reason you don’t want to install the next iOS update on your iPhone or iPad (for example, iOS 12 on iPhone 5s or the beta version of iOS) and the “red circle with a little one” is no longer an eyesore for you, then be sure to check, maybe The update itself has already been downloaded to the device and takes up a lot of space. How to remove it?
How to remove downloaded iOS update on iPhone or iPad
On iPhone and iPad with iOS 10 or later
1. Open the application Settings and go along the path The main → IPhone storage → Storage.
2. Scroll down a little and select the downloaded iOS update.
3. Click “Uninstall Update”.
4. Confirm the deletion.
On iPhone and iPad with iOS 8 installed
one. Go to Settings → The main → Statistics → Storage → Storage.
2. Select the downloaded iOS update. Due to the fact that the file size is usually more than 1 GB, it will most likely be located at the top of the list.
3. Click “Uninstall Update"And again"Uninstall Update"To confirm the requested action.
Just a few simple steps, and the downloaded iOS update, which takes more than 1 GB, will be removed from your mobile device.
If necessary, you can restart the firmware update process. To do this, go to the menu "Settings" → "Basic" → "Software Update" press the button Download and Install.