How to hide all advertising publications in the VKontakte application
Few people know that the VKontakte social network allows you to disable the display of advertising publications in your Android application. This feature is not advertised or even hidden because it is intended for developers and testers.
How to disable advertising posts:
- Open the standard phone dialer
- Dial the code ## 856682583 ## (you do not need to press the call button)
- The debug page of the VKontakte application opens with hidden settings
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and check the box next to "Disable ads"
- Restart the application – you will no longer see advertisements
Unfortunately, there are no other useful options in the hidden settings of VKontakte. Keep in mind that a social network can at any time make changes to its application and prohibit hiding ads. In the iOS app, this is not initially possible.
If you are interested in what kind of code this is – 856682583. The word VKontakte is encrypted in it. Each digit corresponds to a letter on a push-button telephone: V – 8, K – 5, letter O – 6, and so on.