How To Connect Airpods To Any Iphone Automatically
AirPods – Apple’s New Wireless Headphones. They give the opportunity to interact with Siri, music and audio, answer calls. They are popular with iPhone users, but work with most iOS devices.
When you buy a new pair of headphones, you may have a question how to connect it to the iPhone. It turns out that everything is simple. Most of the process is automated. Do not worry if something goes wrong as planned.
Before you begin, make sure that the AirPods are charged (they usually come with a charged battery) and that the device you want to sync with is compatible. If you are not sure, below you can see supported devices, but almost all modern Apple products will work with AirPods.
Table of Contents
Pairing AirPods with the new iPhone models is surprisingly easy. Take your iOS device and case. You can connect AirPods to iPhone as follows:
- Unlock the iPhone you want to connect to the AirPods pair and go to the home screen (where you see all the application icons);
- Open the case with the headphones without reaching them and hold near the iPhone;
- Wait until the iPhone detects AirPods and click "Connect";
- Click Finish.
Airpods are connected and ready to go. Also, if you use the same Apple ID and iCloud account on multiple devices, AirPods will automatically set up to work with them.
Compatibility and supported devices
AirPods work with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple Watch, and Apple TV, but it’s assumed that all of these devices have the latest software. Connection is via Bluethoth. Headphones are compatible with the following devices and software versions:
- iPhone (4, 4s, 5, 5s, 6, 7, 8, X), iPad, iPod touch, starting with iOS 10 and later;
- Mac running macOS Sierra 10.12.3 and later;
- Apple Watch with watchOS 3;
- Apple TV with tvOS11.
Essentially, they are compatible with all current versions of Apple software. If the device is completely new, then it will work with these headphones, and even older devices can be easily connected if the software mentioned above is installed on them.
AirPods not connecting with iOS or not installed correctly? What to do?
If for some reason your headphones do not connect and do not sync with the iPhone after the installation process described above, you need to hold the setup button on AirPods and try again. You should also do this if you connect the headphones to another iPhone:
- Put the headphones in the case if you have not already done so;
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the AirPods charging case for 18 seconds, or until the charge indicator flashes orange and then white;
- Repeat the initial installation process above in the article.
It is also worth mentioning that although AirPods should come with the latest software installed, they should be updated if possible.
Now AirPods are connected and ready to work with your iPhone, iPad, Mac or other device from Apple. Using them is very simple, just double-tap to your headphones to call Siri, answer a phone call, control music.
How to distinguish original from fake
Here are some tips to help you distinguish your original Apple headphones from a fake:
- Price. The first thing you should pay attention to when buying. Obviously, the original AirPods are much more expensive than those made by a third party;
- Packaging and case. Carefully consider the cover, it should be pure white, made of high-quality plastic, be smooth. If this is not so, you can be sure that you have a fake in your hands;
- Headphone color. This is the easiest way to distinguish an original from a fake. Original AirPods are only available in white;
- Build quality. Original headphones consist of three parts that are precisely interconnected without unnecessary plastic. Also, compared to a fake, they look stronger, better and heavier (due to premium build quality);
- Comfortable wearing. Try inserting AirPods into your ear. Earphones from Apple should carefully fit under the ear cavity, should not fall out;
- Headphone control. The original ones do not have buttons. To control them, optical sensors and accelerometers of motion and voice are built-in;
- Company logo and other designations. The original Apple case does not have their company logo. There should also be no other inscriptions. On the headphones themselves there should only be letters L and R, which show which earphone is right and which is left;
- Sound quality. Headphones are designed to produce the best sound using their own design. This design guarantees deeper bottoms and crisp tops when listening to music. If the sound quality seems low to you, then this is a direct indicator that the headphones are fake;
- The quality of the microphone. Among other things, checking the quality of the microphone is an easy way to understand whether your product is original or not. Usually people don’t pay attention to such a detail, but it’s enough to just call a friend and ask if he hears your voice loud and clear, whether there are extraneous noises.
How to clean your headphones
Spending more than 10,000 rubles on headphones is not such a simple solution. And if you still purchased AirPods, do not forget to take care of them, and then they will not have to be replaced with the new iPhone upgrade. After all, in the end, you will not just store them in a case. So here are some tips to clean your AirPods.
Dirt, dust, fluff, earwax and much more easily fall on the white glossy surface of AirPods, and from time to time you will need to clean your headphones. This is best done sequentially so that dirt does not accumulate.
So you can clean your headphones from dirt, and to preserve their appearance for a long time, do not be lazy and follow the tips below.
- Polish the Airpods with microfiber cloth from time to time, so you keep the color vibrant and the surface shiny.
- Do not forget about ear hygiene;
- If you do not use headphones, store them in a special case;
- Try to make sure that only you use your headphones. This tip also applies to hygiene.