Create A Pair Of Apple Watch With Iphone Or Ipad
If you have already become the owner of a smart watch from Apple, then you should connect your Apple Watch to the iPhone in order to take advantage of all the features of the watch. This article will tell you how to pair with an Apple Watch. Also here you will learn how to connect the watch to the iPad, how to check for a connection between devices and what to do if the Apple Watch does not see the iPhone and the connection between cannot be established.
Table of Contents
How to pair with Apple Watch – the creation process
There are 2 ways to create a pair of Apple Watch, iPhone – automatic and manual. The first way to connect gadgets is faster and easier, for it you will need:
- Turn on your watch, press the side button (bottom right) and hold it for 2 seconds.
- Put the watch close to the iPhone.
- Wait for the notification that appears on the smartphone screen “Use your iPhone to set up these“ Apple Watch ”, then select“ Continue ”. If the notification did not come, go to the “Apple Watch” application and click “create a pair”. It is worth noting that the watch should be next to the smartphone throughout this process, it is also important that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on on your smartphone.
Watch app on iPhone
- Place both devices next to each other.
- Turn on Wi-Fi or mobile network on your iPhone.
- On the iPhone screen, click the “Watch” application icon.
- Turn on the “start pairing” feature.
- Next, select the “manual installation” mode at the bottom of the screen.
- Touch the “i” symbol.
- Now the iPhone should see your watch.
- Then simply follow the instructions of the program.
Which iPhones does the Apple Watch work with?
It all depends on what model of watch you have, but one thing is certain – you cannot connect even the earliest model of smart watches from Apple to an iPhone whose model is younger than 5s. Also a prerequisite is the presence of a version of the iOS operating system.
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) and all earlier watch models will work with iPhone 5s, or later phone models with the latest iOS installed.
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS Cellular) will only work with the iPhone 6, or a more modern device (7, 8, X) with the latest version of iOS installed.
How to check the connection between Apple watch and iPhone?
You can check the connection in two ways – using the clock, or on the phone screen.
To check the connection on the clock display you need to open the “Control Center” for this, swipe the picture of the main screen from top to bottom. If the crossed-out iPhone icon, or a red X appears in the upper left corner of the watch, then the connection between the devices is not established.
When using the “Watch” application on your iPhone to check for a connection, you should go to the application and open the Clock tab, it will contain information about the connection.
How to connect to iPad?
The principle of connecting Apple Watch to the iPad tablet is no different from the method of connecting to an iPhone smartphone, which you can familiarize yourself with earlier in this article.
What to do if the Apple Watch does not see the iPhone?
The first thing to do in this unpleasant situation is to check for a connection, as described above in this article, if there is no connection, this is the problem.
The manufacturer of smart watches offers several ways to solve this problem to choose from.
Method One: Reconnect
Try connecting the Apple Watch to the iPhone again. In order for everything to go successfully, make sure that the devices are close to each other, you should also make sure that the iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and the “Air Mode” was turned off. To do this, open the bottom curtain of the device by swiping the screen from bottom to top. Pay attention to round Wi-Fi and Bluetooth images? They must be active, the image of the aircraft must not be active.
Next, check your Apple Watch. If you find an airplane icon, then “Air Mode” is enabled on the watch. In this case, go to the Control Center, to do this, swipe the dial from the bottom up and turn off the Air mode by clicking on the airplane symbol.
Finally, restart your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
If after this it is still not possible to reconnect, resort to the second method.
Second way: Break and re-create the connection between Apple Watch and iPhone
- In the watch’s settings, open “Settings”, then select the “Basic” tab and click “Reset”, then “Erase content and settings”.
- In the “Apple Watch” application on your iPhone, you need to select “My watch” and click on the watch at the top of the display. Next to the clock symbol will be an icon in the form of the letter “i”, click on it and select “Break the pair with the Apple Watch” in the menu. You need to press twice to confirm the action.
- Now pair up between the Apple Watch and the iPhone again following the instructions above.