Complete Removal Of The Application From The Cloud On The Iphone
How to remove an application from the cloud on the iPhone so that it does not appear in the shopping list, and its data does not take up space in iCloud? The procedure for completely uninstalling the application from iOS with the removal of all associated data.
If you are no longer using the application, you can remove it using one of three methods:
- On the main screen, click on the application icon and hold your finger until it starts to shake. A cross icon will appear above the icon – click on it to remove the program.
- Open Settings and go to the section General – Statistics – Storage. You will see a list in which programs are sorted depending on the volume occupied. Select an unnecessary application and click "Uninstall."
- Connect your device to a PC with iTunes. Go to the "Programs" tab, double-click on the home screen with the application and click on the cross.
The first method is the fastest, the second allows you to control the amount of free space in memory. Using iTunes is also suitable for uninstalling any application, so the choice is yours which way to apply.
Using one of these methods, you completely remove the program from the device. However, its data remains in iCloud storage if you allow it to be stored on first launch. In addition, the application itself is available in the "My purchases" section of the App Store. This is very convenient – you can quickly recover deleted applications by downloading data from iCloud to them.
However, many users have the question of how to completely remove the application from the cloud on the iPhone so that it does not take up space. You won’t be able to completely erase it, but you can hide the program or game from the shopping list via iTunes.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Launch iTunes and log in using the Apple ID on which the application was downloaded.
- Click on the user’s icon and go to the “Shopping” section.
- Find the application you want to hide.
- Click on the cross.
The application will be hidden, that is, in the shopping list on the iPhone you will no longer see it. However, it is not completely deleted: you can return it to the "Shopping" and install it for free.
- Launch iTunes, log in with your Apple ID.
- Click on the user icon and open the "Account Information" section.
- Re-enter the password.
- In the field “iTunes in the cloud”, find the line “Hidden purchases” and click “Manage”.
- Select an application and click "Show."
Done, the program is again available for installation on the iPhone. Even if this is a paid application, you won’t have to pay for it, since it has already been purchased earlier.
Erasing files from iCloud
We already said that application files remain in iCloud after deletion from the device. If you are sure that they will never be needed again, delete them:
- Open Settings –iCloud – Storage.
- Click Manage.
- In the "Documents and Data" field, see how much space the files of the remote application take.
- Select the remote program or game and click "Change."
- Tap "Delete All."
Data from iCloud is erased permanently, so if you restore the deleted application from the shopping list, it will be clean – game progress and other achievements will not be returned.